Tax & Accounting Senior
Full-Time or Part-Time
Somich & Associates is a rapidly growing public accounting firm located in Mentor, OH. We have a reputation for providing quality accounting, consulting, and tax services to clients in various industries. We are currently seeking a full-time Tax and Accounting Senior to join our team.
The perfect candidate has excellent leadership skills and an ability to process information while focusing on details. We pride ourselves on having a great work environment that is family-focused with flexible hours. We strive to cultivate a fun work environment, and we are looking for someone who enjoys their work as much as we do.
We understand the importance of having the right team in place. There is no “I” in team, and our team members wear many hats throughout the year. We do whatever it takes to get the job done. It is expected that the Tax and Accounting Senior will be up for any challenge and will take on different roles in the firm.
Our firm is young and technologically advanced. We believe in building from the ground up and have built the foundation for continued success. The Tax and Accounting Senior is a critical position within our growing firm. It is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, talented person to make a meaningful on our clients and community.
Do you have a passion and a curiosity for learning?
Are you looking for a more flexible and balanced career?
Do you enjoy serving and working collaboratively with your clients to help resolve complex
Are you looking for a career that will provide you with exciting and varied professional
Do you want to leave an impact on our industry, community and clients?
If so, Somich & Associates is the right fit for you!
- Responsible for managing tax and accounting assignments
- Delivering a high quality of services
- Prepare and Review Individual and Business Tax Returns
- Manage multiple concurrent engagements
- Outstanding accounting and tax skills; focus on high quality with attention to detail
- Conduct tax research and provide effective solutions for clients and team members
- Demonstrate leadership skills to manage a growing team
- Provide timely, high-quality client service that exceeds client expectations
- Assist in the preparation of technical memos and other client deliverables
- Anticipates and addresses client concerns and escalates issues as they arise; identifies performance improvement opportunities
- Develop others through mentoring, training and advising on career development or participating in other firm initiatives
- Develop a plan to utilize relationships external to the firm with different types of Centers of Influence to effectuate business growth
- Subscribe to and actively read industry publications and share relevant information with clients as considered applicable
- Ensure professional development through ongoing education
- BS/BA Degree in Accounting or equivalent degree
- 4-7 years of current or recent experience in a public accounting environment
- Excellent team and project management skills