Somich & Associates’ Internship Program
Full-Time or Part-Time
Somich & Associates is a rapidly growing public accounting firm located in Mentor, OH. We have a well-established reputation for providing quality accounting, consulting, and tax services to clients in various industries. We are currently seeking interns to join our team. The perfect candidate has excellent leadership skills and an ability to process information while focusing on details.
We pride ourselves on having a great work environment that is family focused with flexible hours. We strive to cultivate a fun work environment and we are looking for someone who enjoys their work as much as we do.
Gaining Exposure to The World of Tax & Accounting
At Somich & Associates, recruiting, training, and retaining quality employees are our highest priorities. We provide our employees with opportunities for professional development, while enhancing their personal growth with an emphasis on a well-balanced lifestyle.
Our internship program offer exposure to the entire cycle of tax, starting from client intake and ending with processing and delivering the finished return to our clients. Interns will receive a rounded experience that will further their knowledge in taxation and improve client communications.
Working as an Intern at Somich & Associates
Based in Mentor, OH, Somich’s Internship Program helps students gain the following skills and experiences necessary to compete for an entry level associate position:
- Exposure to Accounting and Tax Software
- Professional development opportunities through collaborating with our experienced staff and meeting with other representatives of the financial and accounting industries
- Develop strong customer service skills, verbal and organizational skills
- Communicate with clients directly for intake and other questions about their tax returns
- Set up clients within our systems and software
- Prepare individual and business returns
- Process finished returns both physically and electronically
- Establish and maintain working relationships with clients and other staff
- Provide excellent customer service with timely communication
We set our standards remarkably high as our dedication to quality and service is an ongoing process. The success that we achieve and the reputation that we have built is credited to the members of our team.