We set our standards very high. Our dedication to quality and service is an ongoing process. The success that we achieve and the reputation that we’ve built is credited to the members of our team. Their dedication and personal approach to finance is what sets us apart from our competition.
At Somich & Associates, recruiting, training, and retaining quality employees are our highest priorities. We provide our employees with opportunities for professional development, while enhancing their personal growth with an emphasis on a well-balanced lifestyle.
The work of a public accounting firm can sometimes be characterized as stressful, but here at Somich & Associates we like to work hard while celebrating our achievements along the way. Employees have the opportunity to progress along diverse career ladders tailored to their specific professional goals. Our employees’ collective expertise, sharing of knowledge and work with community leaders promotes a learning environment that truly allows us to provide outstanding service to our clients.
Full-Time or Part-Time
Somich & Associates is a rapidly growing public accounting firm located in Mentor, OH. We have a well-established reputation for providing quality accounting, audit and tax services to clients in various industries. We are currently seeking a full-time or part-time bookkeeper to join our team. Perfect candidate has great customer service skills and an ability to process information while focusing on details. We will provide training to help ensure success. Our CPA firm is a well-established, fast-growing company that is focused on providing great service to our clients while creating a manageable, hard-working but fun team environment in the office. Training will be provided by experienced CPA’s. We are anxious to train you to be a long-term member of our company!
- Properly code and complete data entry of bank statement and other bookkeeping transactions for a variety of clients.
- Complete the month-end process for clients.
- Reconcile bank accounts for clients.
- Provide backup support as needed to other accounting services personnel and their clients.
- Prepare reports, returns and other documents as required, including payroll reports, sales tax returns, year-end tax forms, monthly/quarterly/annual financial statements and other reports required by clients.
- Administer and process payroll for clients, including updating payroll systems with new and terminated employee information, pay rates and deductions; collecting, reviewing and verifying time sheets; processing and completing the payroll cycle; direct deposit input; preparing payroll tax deposits and other payroll reports as required.
- Prepare and distribute click apply and other related tax forms.
- Establishing and maintaining working relationships with clients and providing excellent customer service with timely communication
Education And Experience
- A minimum of 2 years of experience, specifically related to payroll and bookkeeping
- QuickBooks proficiency (desktop and online versions)
- Experience with sales tax return preparation is a plus
- Associates Degree in Accounting is a plus
Knowledge And Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Proven analytical and critical thinking skills
- High proficiency in MS Excel
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Establishes strong relationships with executives, staff, clients, outside agencies, organizations and individuals
Can’t find the position you’re looking for? Please visit https://somichcpa.bamboohr.com/jobs/ for more information on job opportunities!
Please Do Not fill out the form below.